Reprogramming and Coding in Portola Valley, CA
Reprogramming and Coding Services for a Professional Vehicle
Has your vehicle had an unusual glitch, such as the transmission staying in neutral when you park? Perhaps your heater controls have changed modes on their own. Door locks might switch unnecessarily, or your vehicle’s computer may not sense a door that’s ajar.
If you’ve noticed any of these or similar conditions, your vehicle might need a software update, in the form of reprogramming and coding. Bring your vehicle to Portola Valley Garage in Portola Valley, where we’ll perform all needed reprogramming and coding at affordable rates to rival those of any dealership.
Reliable Reprogramming and Coding for Maximum Performance
With the advanced computers on modern vehicles, especially state-of-the-art makes like Prius and Volvo, proper reprogramming and coding can enhance performance, efficiency and the vehicle’s overall driving experience. When you come to Portola Valley Garage, we’ll make sure all systems are properly programmed.
At Portola Valley Garage, our expert technicians use reprogramming and coding to adjust various factors, such as fuel enrichment settings, spark timing, emission control functions and more. Coding can slightly adjust the transmission timing, allowing for faster acceleration from a complete stop, if not greater performance on highways throughout San Mateo County and all of CA.
Meanwhile, our reprogramming and coding tools can diagnose other vehicle issues as well. After all, reprogramming is also a matter of vehicle repair. Our team at Portola Valley Garage knows that clearing codes and reprogramming your vehicle are essential steps to getting the most from your engine.
Get your vehicle running at its best with complete reprogramming and coding services from Portola Valley Garage .
What makes can we diagnose and reprogram?
TEXA diagnostic IDC5 software has been specially developed to make the technician’s job as easy as possible despite the growing complexity of today’s vehicles. Beside the advanced diagnostic capabilities, the software provides a genuine repair guide that “suggests” what parameters need to be checked, displays errors and guides the user through repair procedures one step at the time. Also, the program offers wiring diagrams for different systems, maintenance information, information on auxiliary systems, timing belt/chain information & replacement procedures, technical data for the A/C systems etc. For workshops that work on high-end cars like Aston Martin, Bentley, Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, Porsche, Rolls Royce etc, TEXA offers a “Supercar” diagnostic coverage.
The i-SCAN 3E
Vehicle Diagnostic: package includes diagnostic, setting, programming
and coding functions For Asian cars, European cars, US cars, Australian
cars, Supercars and trucks!
BMW/MINI’s factory diagnostic (D) and programming (P) computer and interface platform. A must have to Diagnose/repair/program your BMW and MINI! We have the “A” “B” & “C” connectors to cover almost 30 years of BMWs ASE Certified techs!
What is PXN?
PXN (Porsche eXternal Network) provides an Independent Repair Facility the ability to perform all necessary reprogramming and key code adaption functions. With PXN, it is possible to purchase all relevant services and information (key codes, vehicle code information, reprogramming, flashing, etc.)
We use VIDA, the same diagnostic system the dealership uses!
- Full Diagnostic Capability-the ability to communicate with and diagnose every system/computer module in your vehicle
- Current parts catalog ensuring we get the correct replacement part for your vehicle
- Access to Volvo technical journals, bulletins, recall information etc. which all help us diagnose your vehicle quickly and accurately the first time
- Volvo wiring schematics
- Ability to download updated software from Volvo into your vehicle-software updates are sometimes needed to fix issues or if a computer module was replaced
- Essentially VIDA leads to a faster and more accurate diagnosis of your Volvo. A shop without VIDA is literally in the dark
erWin – the up-to-date Electronic Repair and Workshop Information service from Volkswagen/Audi.
- All repair manuals for Volkswagen/Audi AG
- Additional repair information in PDF format (not available in all languages).
- Additional information such as self-study programmes and training programmes.
- Vehicle-specific information, such as maintenance charts, vehicle data and field actions, is available in several languages.
- Constant updating of data
- The Offboard Diagnostic Information System service – diagnostic software
- With the benefit of being able to perform an offboard diagnostic for all Volkswagen and Audi brand vehicles with an EU-5 type approval via an SAEJ2534-compliant interface (diagnostic interface).
- As well as the possibility of direct access to selected repair and servicing information during a current diagnostic session using the diagnostic software.
Repair manualsRepair manuals contain all of the mechanical and electronic repair groups for the vehicles, including bodywork. There are precise instructions on how to locate and resolve defects and additional information on specialist tools and adjustment settings.
Circuit diagrams contain all the electrical repair groups for a model. They are used to correct all electrical errors by means of wiring diagrams, including gearboxes and radio equipment.
Documents on the emission test provide information on all test values and set values for carburettor and injection systems. The information is divided into three documents based on engine codes.
These contain all the regulations on maintenance, including wear rates for inspections. Proper maintenance defines the required scope of work and its implementation. Maintenance tables are an integral part of the assembly group “Proper maintenance”.
Digital service schedule
You can enter information in the erWin system for vehicles that have a digital service schedule. A printed service schedule is attached to the corresponding vehicles as well.
- You must be registered as a user in erWin in order to use the digital service schedule.
- The digital service schedule is initiated as soon as the vehicle is identified in the erWin workshop system.
- For vehicles that already have a digital service schedule, the “Digital service schedule” link is enabled in the “Systems” window panel.
- It is free to use this digital service schedule. Once you have successfully generated a service entry in the DSS, you will be granted a bonus of 1 hour for the flat rate. Please contact the support team and provide them with the relevant VIN.
Creates a maintenance table for the selected vehicle. The maintenance table can then be used to read intervals for inspections or oil changes, for example.
Technical servicing manual
Contains technical product information on the drive unit, power train, chassis frame, bodywork and trim, heating/ventilation/air-